World Cocoa Conference 2016 Website
administrated by Argus Media Limited (“Argus Media”, “we” or “us”)
The ICCO is the organiser of the World Cocoa Conference 2016, and Argus Media is the organising partner. Argus Media is the administrator of the Website.
175 St John Street
London EC1V 4LW
By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
How can I access my personal information?
Subject to limited exceptions, the Data Protection Act 1998 gives you the right to access the personal information that we hold about you. If you wish to exercise this right, please write to us at the address above.
We reserve the right to charge you a fee of £10 to meet costs in providing you with access to the information. We also reserve the right to require you to provide satisfactory evidence of your identity before we give you any access to personal information.
How does Argus Media collect my information?
As noted in the introductory section above, the way in which we collect information from you or ask you to provide us with information will depend on the nature of your relationship with us.
For example, if you visit the Website or use Apps, we (or third parties on our behalf) may collect certain information using “DRM Tools”.
a) What are “DRM Tools”?
DRM Tools are the products, services and processes that Argus Media uses to identify how you use the Website and/or Apps. These DRM Tools allow us to collect, monitor, manage, analyse, record and store data about such use. For details of all of the DRM Tools we are currently using, please contact us.
b) How does Argus Media use “cookies” and what are they?
The DRM Tools that Argus Media uses include cookies. A “cookie” is a small piece of information sent by a web server to a web browser, which enables the server to collect information back from the browser. Cookies enable us to improve and personalise this Website for you and to automatically collect information about how this Website and services are being used. For more information about cookies in general please visit www.allaboutcookies.org
Our website uses the following cookies:
Utma, Utmb, Utmc, Utmz, SC_ANALYTICS_GLOBAL_COOKIE, SC_ANALYTICS_SESSION_COOKIE
These cookies allow us to count page visits and traffic sources so we can measure and improve the performance of our Website, using a service provided by Google Analytics. The analytical cookies are non-intrusive, which is why they are already set when a user accesses our Website.
This cookie tells us whether you have clicked the “Hide” cookies banner button on our Website.
Why does Argus Media collect information from me?We process the information we collect from time to time via your use of the Website and/or Apps, your/your employer’s agreements with us regarding conference sponsorship and/or attendance, and your customer enquiries or registrations of interest. We may also share your information with the ICCO as joint organiser of the World Cocoa Conference 2016 and other third parties as set out below. Our collection of your data, and the sharing of your data with the ICCO, is necessary:
• for us and the ICCO to arrange your registration to, sponsorship of (if applicable) and attendance at the World Cocoa Conference 2016;
• to perform obligations under, exercise or enforce rights under any agreement(s) with you/your employer, including the provision of access to products and services to you;
• for any purpose connected with your/employer’s agreement(s) with us (or the ICCO), including the maintenance of a central database of current and/or prospective customers, conference delegates and/or sponsors.
Specific examples include:
• providing any products or services requested by you;
• telling you about changes to services and this Website, the Apps (if applicable), and the World Cocoa Conference 2016 generally;
• providing you with information about other products and services we (or the ICCO) offer (please see below for more information);
• administering business activities;
• ensuring that this Website is presented in the best manner for you;
• providing customer service including enquiries and complaints. By accessing this Website, downloading any brochures, registering as a World Cocoa
Conference 2016 delegate and/or sponsor, or contacting Argus Media via an enquiry or registration of interest, you consent to the sharing by Argus Media of your personal information with the ICCO for the above purposes. How does Argus Media protect my information?
We are required to hold your personal information in accordance with the security provisions of the Data Protection Act 1998. Periodically, operations and business practices are reviewed for compliance with corporate policies and procedures governing the security/confidentiality of information.
As the transmission of data over the internet is not secure, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted in this way. Any such transmission is at your own risk.
Who can Argus Media share my information with?
We may disclose your information to any group companies and branch offices, some of which are located outside of the European Economic Area (EEA). Further, as stated above, Argus Media shares your information with the International Cocoa Organization.
We may also disclose your personal information:
• to third-party suppliers that we engage to provide services which involve processing data on our behalf
• to companies with which we have partnered in the provision of services to you;
• to a buyer (or potential buyer) of the business or business assets;
• if required to do so by a court, government entity, regulatory agency or any other competent authority or otherwise to comply with legal obligations, to protect our rights, safety or property or those of customers or others, or to enforce the terms of our agreements;
• to your employer to provide information about your use of this Website and for other purposes as otherwise required or permitted by applicable law or regulation.
Will my information be transferred outside the EEA?
Personal information held may be transferred to, stored and processed by group companies, branch offices or suppliers which are located in countries outside of the EEA where the level of legal protection for your personal information may not be as comprehensive as in the EEA. By providing your personal information to us, you agree to such transfer, storage and processing.
Third party links and advertising